$4,100 in Sterling Silver and Other Items Reported Stolen
The incident is part of five burglaries and four thefts reported in Haddonfield last week.
Haddonfield police last week reported five burglaries and four thefts.
Two forced-entry burglaries and one forced-entry attempted burglary topped this week's crime reports.
About $4,100 in items, including an array of sterling silver tableware, was reported stolen from a forced-entry burglary in the 800 block of Longwood Circle on Nov. 20. The crime was reported at 12:03 p.m. Missing items include antique German metals, a sterling silver and a gold watch and bracelet, a 18-inch pearl necklace, 12- and 14-inch pearl bracelets, a sterling silver teapot and sugar bowl.
On Nov. 28, a woman in the 100 bock of Hinchman Ave. reported a burglary in progress at 10:14 a.m. She said she heard a loud bang near her back door. She didn't see anyone, but a neighbor said they saw a white male with blond hair in his 30s walking toward a silver or white, four-door, mid-sized vehicle that was parked in a driveway between their home and the neighbor's. A search of the area did not produce a suspect.
On Nov. 28, a forced-entry burglary was reported in the 500 block of Maple Ave. at 3:01 p.m. The resident said someone tried to enter a side door. Nothing was immediately reported missing.
In other reports:
- Dec. 1, 600 block of Pomona Ave., GPS, cellphone and digital camera were reported stolen from an unlocked vehicle.
- Nov. 30, unit block of Ellis St., an unlocked men's mountain bike propped against a wall was reported stolen. The bike had a U-bar lock around the neck of the frame that wasn't secured to anything else.
- Nov. 30, Maple and Princeton avenues, a borough street sign was reported missing. It was recovered in the 100 block of Heritage Road, but was damaged beyond repair.
- Nov. 28, 100 block of Peyton Ave., $20 in coins and cash were reported stolen from an unlocked vehicle.
- Nov. 27, 100 block of Mount Vernon Ave., an unlocked car was entered with nothing reported missing.
- Nov. 26, Haddonfield Library, N. Haddon Ave., an unlocked Razor scooter was reported stolen.