5 Things You Need to Know About Christie's Visit to Haddonfield
The governor will hold a town hall meeting.
Gov. Chris Christie will be in Haddonfield today for a town hall meeting at 3 p.m. at the middle school gym at 5 Lincoln Ave. Here are five things you need to know about the visit, even if you don't go.
1. The event is free and starts at 3 p.m., but the doors open at 2:15 p.m. Getting there 30 minutes before that might be wise. The gym capacity is about 650 people.
2. While the gym capacity is 650, only about 200 parking spaces will be available at the school and in the adjacent Presbyterian Church parking lot. Borough officials are urging town residents to walk to the event, or park several blocks away.
3. The middle school dismisses at 2:50 p.m. and the Central Elementary School, which shares a connecting building, dismisses at 3 p.m. Parents picking up students will likely have to negotiate foot and car traffic. Officials said they hope most of the people attending the event will be inside the middle school by the time classes let out.
4. The weather forecast calls for a 80 percent chance of rain and thunderstorms through 6 p.m. Tuesday. Bringing an umbrella might be a good call, especially if you walk to the event.
5. Haddonfield Patch will be tweeting live accounts of the event from 2:30 p.m. until it has concluded. Check us out at @Hadpatch on Twitter.