Here is a list of events canceled because of Hurricane Sandy:
- Haddonfield and Haddon Township public schools are closed Monday and Tuesday, Oct. 29-30.
- Haddonfield Friends School is closed Monday, Oct. 29.
- Bishop Eustace Prep is closed Monday.
- Christ the King Regional School is closed Monday and Tuesday.
Government offices and services
- Haddonfield Municipal Hall is closed Monday.
- Haddon Township declared a state of emergency. The municipal building will be closed Monday and Tuesday. There won't be trash pickup on those days.
- Camden County has declared a local emergency for Monday, and all non-essential offices will be closed. Traffic and personnel on county roads is restricted to essential services and travel deemed necessary.
- The Camden County flu clinic scheduled for Monday, Oct. 29 at the Katz Jewish Community center in Cherry Hill has been rescheduled. The new date is Nov. 5 from 9 a.m. to noon, same location: 1301 Springdale Rd., Cherry Hill.
- All Camden County parks and libraries in the county system are closed Monday and Tuesday.
- New Jersey state offices are closed Monday. All non-essential employees should stay home. Essential employees must report to work on time.
- All state parks and historic sites will shut down at noon on Sunday. Current campers must leave by midday Sunday. Parks may be shut down the entire week, state officials say. Visit the NJ Department of Environmental Protection's Hurricane Sandy Information website for more information: nj.gov/dep/special/hurricane-sandy.
- PATCO rail service will be suspended early Monday morning. The last train to Lindenwold will leave the 15th/16th and Locust Station in Philadelphia at 2:50 a.m. The last train to Philadelphia will leave Lindenwold at 2:15 a.m.
- A scheduled debate Monday between Rep. Rob Andrews (D) and challenger Greg Horton (R) at Rutgers-Camden Monday has been canceled. Andrews, an 11-term incumbent and Horton, a school administrator and Haddonfield resident, are running for the 1st Congressional District seat.
- The Haddonfield Halloween parade scheduled for Tuesday, Oct. 30 is canceled.
- The annual Lions Halloween Parade in Haddon Township has been canceled for Tuesday.
- The Haddonfield Memorial High School Electronics Recycling Event scheduled for Monday and Tuesday has been postponed to a later date due to the threat of Hurricane Sandy. Please watch calender of events for a reschedule date.
Colleges and universities
- Camden County College is closed Monday.
- Rowan University is closed Monday and Tuesday. Students may remain on campus, but have to inform their resident advisers.
- Rutgers-Camden is closed Monday.